Friday, June 19, 2009

Recycled Business Card Magnets

I live in an apartment and it seems that Realtors like to pay visits to my complex often. Sometimes they leave their magnetic business card. I already have my Realtor when the time comes, so I pull off the card and throw the magnet on my fridge. I had a collection of six and I knew just what I wanted to do with them.

When I had photos taken of my son, I have received the "mini" photos (1.25 by 1.5 inch). They are so small and pretty much useless...until now!

I learned this techinique at my stamp club a few months back.

First, clear your magnet of any business cards (if possible).

Next measure your magnet and cut a piece of cardstock to match. I used a 1 inch square punch to cut a window for my picture. Then, stamp the card with the images of your choice.

Next, cover your entire card with Versamark (or whatever embossing pad you have). Then, cover with clear embossing powder. Then take a bone folder thingy and scrap off some if the powder making a cool design (I tried to make it look like grass). Then heat until the embossing powder has set.

Add your picture behind the cardstock. Use your favorite adhesive to stick the finished cardstock with image to your magnet. Enjoy from there!

I got carried away and made several. I'll keep one, but the rest will be going to family so they can enjoy looking at my little one everytime they get a drink of milk!

1 comment: