Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Carrot Soup


When I was first introduced to this soup (it's my mother-in-law's recipe) my first thought was "that sounds gross" since I hate cooked carrots. I was wrong. This is one of my favorite soups around. This wasn't one of my better batches (it's been about a year and a half since I made it last), but we enjoyed it just the same. Now for the recipe.

Carrot Soup

1 lb ground beef (brown and drain and rinse)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 cups tomato juice
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups grated carrots (I usually just throw 4-5 carrots scrubbed well into the food processor and chop very finely)
1/2 large green pepper finely chopped
2 stalks of celery finely chopped
1/2 tsp garlic salt (I use chopped garlic from a bottle)
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients into a large pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and summer for about 20 minutes. Serve with grated (sharp) cheddar cheese. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a yummy recipe. You brought it to school once. Thanks for the recipe. It's fun to blog about food :)

    ReplyDelete