Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Animal Split Nine

Wednesday night was quilt club. With my son having pink eye and me having been in the ER on Monday, I decided that it was a night in for me. So, instead of being with the club physically, I was there is spirit. I stayed home and while my son napped, I was able to piece the quilt top together.


This is how the a split nine begins. I picked 9 fabrics that I liked and that I thought went well together. I cut the squares and then sewed them together. Once the nine patch is finished, you cut down the middle each way. Then it is time to put it back together.

I'm not very good at putting everything together. I liked the way that it looked when I first laid it out, but once I got it together, I discovered that I would like it if I split it down the middle and switched the direction. So, I unpicked it and switch directions. This is my finished project. I like the red on the diagonal.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I kind of wish that I had gone with the elephants too! haha .. I will listen to you next time :) SUPER CUTE! Now are you going to start the airplane one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to finish this one first. I still need to get a stop border and then put on the red border. I want to make it wider than the frog quilt. I may end up putting on 3 borders if I have enough of the animal fabric for the outside border and the back. I can't wait to finish it so I can work on the airplane quilt.

    ReplyDelete