Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Airplane Disappearing Nine-Patch

The matching pillow for the quilt below.

I finally finished the quilt top for my son. I bought the fabric over a year ago. I cut the squares for the center out FOREVER ago. I spent the last three nights working on it. Totaling about 7 hours. I had some trouble with the borders and not having enough fabric. I ended up having to cut the middle border down. Originally it was 1.5 inches wider. I LOVE IT.

Now, I want to get it professionally quilted. Anyone know where I can get it done? Finished size is 54 x 62 inches. How much will it cost? I will need it by mid August.

3 comments:

  1. brandi has someone that did hers for relatively cheap. Maybe we can send both of ours down there together. I want mine professionally done too. I'll ask her. (The lady did her full size quilt AND binding for $50). I'd bind my own ...so it may be less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can machine quilt it, but I use a standard sewing machine so I can only do straight lines.... other then that, I am looking for a good place too.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really want to machine quilt it myself. I have done straight lines myself before but I want a cloud like pattern on it. Thanks for the offer though Becky!

    ReplyDelete